The Claire Russ Ensemble works with local communities creating DANCE performances in a variety of contexts.
LIVESpace events are designed to include participation from local communities ENCOURAGING OWNERSHIP AND ENGAGEMENT.
Claire Russ is known as an inspirational teacher and facilitator and ENSEMBLE TEAMS have the skills and experience to create GROUNDBREAKING PROJECTS
Culture and value systems of participants are represented and their creative input is paramount to both the process and the performance.
Recent projects include:
- Work with Young People and the development of a youth dance project in the Midlands
- Work with learning disabled participants particularly Anjali Dance Company
- Work with men and boys aged 8 - 80 on a large scale community play in Coventry
- A film project with female victims of domestic violence in Staffordshire, East Midlands
See PROJECT Examples <more>
"Such projects open up the possibility for us to live more reflectively and knowledgeably, especially about the range of human experience."
Jason Todd, Assistant Head, St Giles School, Croyden
"Claire's passion for dance and uncompromising choreographic standards have played a major role in the company's journey from a community project toward true professional status"
Nicole Thomson, Artistic Director, Anjali Dance Company
DVDs are available of:
1. Accidental Damage : a film created by women who were the victims of domestic violence.
2. Anjali Dance Company : a company of dancers who have a learning disability.
To request a DVD you can <find out more information here>
Please visit Communities and Education to download a resume of projects undertaken, and their results.
back to the top
© claire russ ensemble